05 November 2012

Good Reads

"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. 
At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. 
He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: 
you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. 
But presently, He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably 
and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? 
The explanation is that He is building quite a different house 
from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, 
putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. 
You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: 
but He is building a palace."
-C.S. Lewis

In the past four months, I have read book after book after book after book. We are so seriously blessed as Latter Day Saints to have a million and one resources to turn to when we're going through challenging times. The following are the books I have read the past few months, and they are so beautiful and well written. I have picked out my next 6 books, and I'm sure they will be equally as amazing. Going through difficult times or not, these books are so worth reading.


A couple months ago I put together a little video, and it has brought me a lot of comfort since. It isn't half as good as these books, and it's not great quality, but it is meant to be encouraging!


So basically, the church is so true.
I would be nowhere without my Heavenly Father and Savior.
On another note, I'm not meant to be a cottage.
I'm clearly meant to be a palace.