23 December 2012

Hark, the herald angels sing; glory to the Newborn King!



This year, Christmas has been so special for me. I haven't thought about presents, or Christmas trees, or Santa, or our big Christmas Eve dinner. It could be because I am in a beautiful country where the sun is shining every day, and the Santas here are on surfboards... I love the excitement of Christmas, I do, I truly do, but this year it solely represents one thing.

I have come to know my Savior Who was once so small, and laid in a manger; Who ministered to the sick, and the hopeless, and the downtrodden. I have come to know my Savior, Who knelt in the garden of Gethsemane, and suffered for my sins, my weaknesses, and my pain, both physical and spiritual. I have come to love my Savior, Who was nailed to a cross, and Who took death upon Him because He loved me so much, He wanted to give me an opportunity to return home to Him, and be with Him once more. I have come to love my Savior in a way I don't know how to sufficiently articulate. I have come to love my Savior with a love divine; my Savior Who has carried me through every moment of every day for the last six months. I have come to know my perfect, omnipotent Savior, Who has helped me, strengthened me, loved me, and Who has never let me go.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given... and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6