26 January 2013

When life gives you lemons..

The one thing each and all of us have in common is struggle. We all go through difficulties, and there is something especially comforting about knowing we aren't alone. I think as humans we feel a sense of unity, a sense of sympathy, a sense of peace when others are hurting too. By no means are we happy someone is struggling, but I believe we forge an immediate love and bond with these people, and we are more apt to healing because of that sense of unity we find. 

In the midst of trying times, there is inspiration to find each and every way we look. The following people are a few of a billion and one incredible examples in this universe; and they are my heroes, and they are one of many, many reasons I have to try harder, and to be better.






After extensive research, we have been told that 50% of human happiness is rooted in our genetics. It has been said that 10% of human happiness is dependent on our circumstances and our environment, and it has been said that 40% of human happiness is completely and entirely within our control.

In a part of President Brigham Young's personal account, he speaks of what the Saints endured. He says, 

"You that have not passed thro' the trials and persecutions, and drivings with this people from the beginning, but have only read them, or heard some of them related, may think how awful they were to endure, and wonder that the saints survived them at all. - The thought of it makes your heart sink within you, your brian reel, and your body tremble, and you are ready to exclaim, 'I could not have endured it.' I have been in the heat of it, and never felt better in all my life; I have never felt the peace and power of the Almighty more copiously poured upon me than in the keenest part of our trials. They appeared nothing to me."

The lesson to be learned here is we can create happiness. This mortal experience is not called 'The Plan of Happiness' in vain. It is the plan of happiness. 

Of this, I know.