20 April 2013

President Boyd K. Packers Unfinished Composition - General Conference April 2013




If I could now turn back the years,
If that were mine to choose, 
I would not barter age for youth
I'd have too much to lose...

I'm quite content to move ahead,
To yield my youth; however grand,
The thing I'd lose if I went back
Is what I understand...

I would agree I've learned some things
I did not want to know, 
But age has brought these precious truths
That make the Spirit grow.

I now can say with all certainty
That I know and love The Lord, 
I can testify with them of old
As I preach His holy word. 

I know what He felt in Gethsemane 
Is too much to comprehend, 
I know He did it all for us -
We have no greater Friend.

I know that He will come anew
With power and glory,
I know I will see Him again
At the end of my life's story.

I'll kneel before His wounded feet,
I'll feel His Spirit glow,
My whispering, quivering voice will say,
"Oh Lord, My God, I know."