24 May 2013

Not So Lonely


There are some moments when 
loneliness gets the best of me.

There are waves of sadness 
every now and then.

There are times when my heart hurts;
kind of a gnawing twinge of pain 
that seems to linger.

In those moments, my Father 
in heaven and His Son are so near.

My Grandpa is so near.

The Spirit is so near.

As dark as those moments get;
they are my most precious.

The moments - when I'm in them - 
seem never-ending,
until I feel the love of my Savior.

Heaven kind of wraps me up in its arms, 
and for a second I'm home.

For a second; 
Their love is the only thing 
I'm aware of.

And in these moments of loneliness, 
Their love makes it okay.

Tears of sadness
quickly become tears of love,
and an overwhelming sense of gratitude.

My Savior has felt this,
and He is with me.

He is carrying me every step of the way.

These moments; 
these difficult, trying moments, 
are the ones I will always cherish most.