07 July 2013

"A testimony is fragile. It is as hard to hold as a moonbeam. It is something you have to recapture every day of your life.” -Harold B. Lee

The week before I left New Zealand, I thought it would be fitting to bear my testimony. The people in my ward knew what I had been going through, and it just seemed appropriate. Naturally, I knew the Spirit was going to guide me. I walked up to the pulpit and stood there. Nothing came out of my mouth. I actually think I forgot what I was doing. The Spirit works in funny ways I guess! It certainly did that day.

Today, I tried again. I managed to get through it, and actually did okay. The bishopric didn't make fun of me this time for my legs shaking, (almost all of my Bishops have mentioned it). Instead of worrying about the number of eyes on me, I focused on what The Lord was hearing. I can only imagine how much it pleases Him and His Father in Heaven when They see Their children testifying of the truths that they know.

Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you. -D&C 62:3


The things I know to be true have proven to be essential in my life. It's pretty amazing that as I was bearing my testimony today, millions of people around the world were standing at a pulpit doing the same thing. This gospel is a beautiful thing. 

And let it be recorded!
I know with all of my heart that it is true.