21 July 2013

Elder Neal A. Maxwell, you have stolen my heart.


There are a few things in this world that I love probably a little more than considered normal. There are some things in this world that I love to an extent of love that could be considered strange, or obsessive. In that category lies cupcakes, shopping, and of course, Elder Neal A. Maxwell.

Nine years ago today Elder Maxwell died. His life was a purely perfect life of legacy. I have yet to hear words that resonate with me more deeply than the words of Elder Maxwell. His words are poetry. The way he says everything is so perfect, and articulate, and eloquent. I have never considered being an English major until I have seriously studied the words of Elder Maxwell.

Elder Maxwell has thirty publications, just in books! I am slowly checking each one off, but then, he has over one hundred college devotionals, general conference talks, New Era articles, Ensign articles, Friend articles, and so on and so forth. I am slowly checking those off, but it's going to take me a long time. 

Today, I'm grateful for the life that man lead. I feel silly calling him a man; he is so much more than that to me. His words have changed me. His perspectives have changed me. His knowledge and his wisdom have changed me. I am sincerely grateful for the men that the Lord has called to lead and guide this church. They truly are men called of God, and their example and their faith inspire me to no end.

And one more thing: 
Happy Birthday to this babe right here!


You make my life so much more fun!
I love you forever big sis.