10 August 2013

"All things work together for good to them that love God." -Romans 8:28


I've seen divorce do a lot of things to a lot of people. I've seen a lot of shaken testimonies, a lot of bitter hearts, and a lot of fragile souls. For some miraculous reason, my testimony in the last year has never wavered, but not because it's been easy, and definitely not because I understand what's happening. My questions aren't answered; my feelings of doubt not resolved. At the end of the day I make a conscious decision and personal choice to believe in this gospel. 

There are aspects of this gospel I don't understand, and so much of it runs deeper than my small mind knows how to go. However, the basic and most fundamental principles are ingrained in my heart, and when it comes to adversity, my ability to understand stems from this:

"I reckon that the sufferings 
of this present time are not worthy 
to be compared with the glory 
which shall be revealed in us." 
Romans 8:18

"For we are saved by hope: 
but hope that is seen is not hope: 
for what a man seeth, 
why doth he yet hope for? 
But if we hope for that we see not, 
then do we with patience wait for it." 
Romans 8:24-25

All I know is that it's going to be worth it. The injustices; the unfairness of it all. The wet pillows and the angry prayers. The broken hearts and the wounded souls. To the battered and bruised: we have beautiful things waiting for us, but more importantly there are beautiful things we need to become. Those who return to their Father and Savior have been prepared to live in that celestial glory. They didn't get a free pass. There are no VIP's there! There is a price to be paid, and the price at times is quite hefty, but no one is exempt. Would we really want to be? We ascend to the extent we descend, in other words, the happiness we feel can only be as great as the pain we suffer. This is the plan.

I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and Savior, Who all-knowingly give us the trials and heartache we need, to become the glorified beings we are meant to become. They won't give us any less, and how grateful I am! In my mortal and earthly eyes, I am nothing but a meek, inadequate soul, but the eternal possibilities I have are positively endless, and each trial I overcome righteously I get one step closer. I'm grateful for the pain, and heartache I have come to know so very well. In the development of that relationship, I have been introduced to My Redeemer, the Savior of the world. I know wholeheartedly the sufferings I experience now, cannot compare to the glory the Lord has prepared for me. This church is true. It is the foundation of life; it is the fundamental building block. There is nothing more real than the plan of happiness. It is there and it is waiting for us to embrace it. I love my Father in heaven with all of my heart, and oh how I love His only begotten Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.