19 August 2013

“Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” -Desmond Tutu

The most wonderful, most beautiful thing we have here on earth - secondary to the gospel - are the people that surround us. Whether it be friends, or family, or friends that become family, human relationships are central to the great plan of happiness. Today as I got the mail, this was waiting for me:


Now, there's not a whole lot of things I love more than handwritten letters, but this was a little box, with rose petals inside and a gift and a letter. Talk about making someone's Monday! 

People are so good. Their hearts are so good. Their spirits are so good. Their souls are so good. It's so common, and sadly so easy to focus on the people, who, well... let's say it takes consistent and significant effort to find the goodness in them, but (nails on a chalkboard) it's in there. It's in all of us. It's in each of us. We are all children of our Heavenly Father, and if They love each of us perfectly, it is our responsibility to strive to do the same. 

 I'm so grateful for the divine people around me. I'm humbled by their goodness and their kindness and their love. Each person I have encountered in my life, whatever our relationship was at one point or another, has morphed my spirit into what it now is. They have all taught me a lesson, and whether the lesson was good or bad, I am so grateful to them, because my spirit is more complete than it ever has been.

So, thank you to everyone in my life and for all of your sweet spirits. May we continually strive to become the person who sends boxes filled with rose petals and love, simply out of the goodness of our hearts.