26 August 2013

"Really important meetings are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other." -Paul Coelho


Earlier this year I had the pleasure of meeting the most stunning 92 year old woman, whose name is Eloise. Eloise is unlike anyone I have ever met. Her spirit radiates from a mile away, and her wisdom and love for life are seriously even evident in the way she walks! She has the most beautiful soul, and I have had the absolute pleasure of getting to know her. 

She's been very involved with the things that have happened in my life. Every week we call each other, just to tell the other we love each other. We get banana splits, and we go to dinner. We go through old photo albums, and I listen to story upon story of her life. We listen to Frank Sinatra in the car and she tells me about the play she saw the night before. I watch her her in awe and amazement. Through tears we talk about the gospel. Through laughter she gives me hope for my future. This glorious little creature will never know how much she has done for me, and I feel blessed beyond reason that I have her in my life. 

She may be elderly, but I think her mission in life is to prove age is just a number, and she proves her point well. She is one of my biggest fans, and I can confidently say I am hers. If hearts ever were soul mates, ours would be. Oh, how I love my Eloise.