28 October 2013

"Believe that your faith has everything to do with your romance, because it does." -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland


After my nasty experience with marriage, you might think I wouldn't be a big fan - but surprisingly, that couldn't be further from the truth. Because of what I've been through I believe I have a clear view of what marriage should be, and I know exactly what it shouldn't be. When marriage is between a worthy man and woman, and when that man and woman are invested and willing to live a pure and worthy life, both entirely and only dedicated to the other, both completely willing to work through whatever trials and hardships may come, marriage is absolutely priceless and irreplaceable. It is the most un-selfish experience one can embark on - when you do it right. It amazes me how half of married couples in America don't quite understand that concept, but this beautiful couple couldn't be a more perfect example of people who do. If you are married - treasure it, and hold it terribly close to your heart. If you aren't - breathe and believe there are marriages this precious to look up to, and continually strive to be worthy of it.