03 October 2013

"I testify that He is utterly incomparable in what He is, what He knows, what He has accomplished, and what He has experienced. Yet, movingly, He calls us His Friends." -Neal A. Maxwell

Tonight, I took the long way home. I made every possible turn and detour to extend the ride. I don't know where I was driving to, or what I was driving away from - for that matter - but I kept on going. 

Once I officially lost my way and had zero idea where I was, I pulled over. For a long time I sat there. I didn't have a million things on my mind. My thoughts weren't racing. I think it's safe to say I wasn't thinking about a single thing. 

Then I glanced at my dashboard, and I saw this: 


Technically, I see this picture every day, but I don't look at it the way I did tonight. For whatever reason, it was like I saw that picture for the first time tonight. It was like I saw my Savior praying for the first time tonight.

We have moments when He is more real than we can comprehend; His presence and His Being is so evident. We have these life changing moments, and after those moments life keeps moving on. We don't know where we are walking, or what we are walking away from - for that matter - but we keep walking. 

In this moment, every minute I have felt loved by my Savior was multiplied. This very missed, sought after, not-familiar-enough feeling of love came over me. This reassurance; this reassurance I have felt a million times but I needed to feel once again. He was letting me know He was still with me. He was confirming that we are still in this together. And he was wrapping me up in His arms, only the way the Savior can.

I can confidently say in those moments I know nothing; my journey or my destination, those moments that feel empty, hollow, and terribly emotion-less, His love overcomes and overpowers all of it. 

We need those moments. We need those moments to keep us going, to keep some spark of hope in our hearts. We need His love, so completely and entirely. We need our Savior, and He never fails to remind me exactly when I need Him most.

My Savior is simply that - my Savior. He is the Redeemer Of The World and The Constant Peace I have in my life. He saved me in Gethsemane, He saved me on the cross, and unfailingly He saves me time and time again. He is my Lord, He is Jesus Christ, He is my everything, and I am His.