06 November 2013

Be still, my soul; the Lord is on thy side.


"His wish for us there, and His answer to our prayer was to get us on the right road as quickly as possible, with some reassurance, with some understanding, that we were on the right road and we didn't have to worry about it. And in this case, the easiest way to do that was to let us go... on the wrong road, and very quickly know without a doubt that it was the wrong road and therefore with equal certainty, with equal conviction, that the other one was the right road. 

I have absolute certain knowledge, perfect knowledge, that God loves us. He is good, He is our Father, and He expects us to pray and trust and be believing and not give up, and not panic, and not retreat, and not jump ship, when something doesn't seem to be going just right. We stay in, we keep working, we keep believing, we keep trusting, following that same path, and we will live to fall in His arms and feel His embrace, and hear Him say, I told you it'd be okay, I told you it would be alright." 
-Elder Holland

I can't tell you how many times I have wondered why, at a certain point in my life, I felt "okay" about taking the wrong road. Often times, it's not until we are down that "wrong" road, that we are able to look back and see that road for what it truly was. It may take a while. It will probably take longer than we would like. Hate to burst your bubble - it will. But to know without a doubt what the right road is? To have that knowledge and to learn lessons along the way? To know the good from the bad, to know the right road from the wrong, to taste the sweet after the bitter, that is worth it. That is so unbelievably worth it. Every second. Every extra step. And with every last part of me, I cannot wait until I am able to fall in my Fathers arms and hear Him say, "I told you it would be okay. I told you it would be alright." 

What a day that will be.