14 November 2013

"There will be occasions in each of our lives when we will be called upon to explain or to defend our beliefs. When the time for performance arrives, the time for preparation is past." -President Thomas S. Monson

Yesterday, the Deseret News posted an article about my blog, my divorce, and my struggles with it. First of all, I want to say the outpouring of love I have received has been overwhelming. It is far from easy to share so openly such a painful part of life, but I cherish each and every email I've been sent, and those emails have made every weak moment worth it. To all of you who have dealt with divorce, you are in my prayers continually, and if you ever need a friend, you have always, always got one in me. 

Secondly, I want to make very clear this article and this blog has never been written to point fingers, to blame, or to make someone else look bad, or feel bad, and especially, not to make me look any better than I am. I have tried to avoid sharing too many details, but have tried to only share enough so people can relate. This is simply my story, my heartbreak, and my attempt to relate to someone else and be a source of help to someone who may need a friend. This story is about the relationship I have developed with my Father in heaven, and with His perfect Son, Jesus Christ.

Again, I thank each of you for your kindness. This gospel is true. I believe that with every last part of me. I am so humbled, and am so grateful to each and every one of you. Seriously though, my goodness. I just deeply love you all. Thank you, thank you.