17 December 2013

"Faith is not believing that God can. It is knowing that God will." -Ben Stein


Dear future husband,

Sometimes I wonder where you are. I wonder what you're like & what you're doing. I wonder what experiences you've had in life that make up you, & who you are. I wonder what your laugh sounds like. I wonder if you'll find my sense of humor funny, (let's be real... of course you will.)

I've been told a lot about you. In priesthood blessings, you're mentioned a lot. Our future is mentioned too. I know that we will be happy, "abundantly happy," to be exact. I've been told of our beautiful children, & the "eternal love" that we will share. I've been told many special things, & I hold those things awfully close to my heart.

I wonder when the Lord will guide us to each other. I don't worry about it though, because I know He will. It may be in five years, it may be in fifteen, but He will lead me to you. You're going to be a great husband, but more importantly you're going to be a great father. You are going to lead our family in righteousness, & you are going to be a worthy priesthood holder in our home. I know this.

I'm grateful for you already. You give me hope in my weak moments. 

You know, I've heard that good things come to those who wait, & I don't know how but somehow I already know, that you, future husband, are very worth the wait.