25 December 2013

Merry Christmas

The thought of my Savior lying in a manger tugs at my heart strings in a way that nothing else really can. Can you imagine seeing the Savior of the world, so small and so fragile? So soon after leaving His home and His Father in heaven? I can't begin to imagine the spirit that was felt in that humble setting on that night so long ago. I cannot begin to comprehend what it would be like to look at this perfect, small Being, and to know that His birth would change everything forever. His life would be the leading example for all of mankind. This baby would one day suffer the sins of the world. This beautiful, precious, divine baby Boy, would not only change the course of history, but would ensure our future for the rest of eternity--if we so choose.

I know that Jesus Christ was in fact born in a manger, wrapped in swaddling clothes. I know that Jesus Christ was held by His mother Mary. I know that there were humble shepherds huddled around our Savior, and I know that angels accompanied them.  I know that there was a star that lit the sky in Bethlehem. I know that our Savior was indeed born, did indeed live a perfect life serving and loving others, and did indeed atone for all of our sins, prior to Him being crucified. I know these things took place the same way I know the dawn will break. Morning will come. The night will pass.

I love my Savior with every piece of who I am. He makes up who I am. I love Him in a way that cannot adequately be described, but only felt. His name is so sacred, He is so sacred, which makes today so sacred. I was never given a mortal brother here on earth, but with my whole heart I know I have an older Brother, who is Our Father's Son. He is my Redeemer. He is my Saving Grace. He is my best Friend. He is my hope, and He is my guide. He is my Protector, and He holds my heart in His hands. I am His, and somehow, miraculously, in the most beautiful way, He is mine.