01 January 2014

"Every man should be born again on the first day of January." -Henry Ward Beecher


Is it possible that New Years day can be my most favorite holiday? Because it is! I don't know what it is about the first day of a new year, but there is absolutely nothing more hopeful or happy or magical. New Years day is like Disneyland on steroids, and there is nothing I love more.

This year was definitely a year to remember. I had a lot of things to work through, and a lot of healing took place. There was anger I needed to let go of and forgiveness I needed to find, and miraculously, by the grace of God, by His goodness and His love, I found it. I was there... and now I'm here. And with complete and total confidence I can say that my divorce was the best thing that has ever happened to me, and how God plans those things I don't quite know. What I do know is my life didn't start until after someone left it, and there were things God had in store for me I never could have imagined. 

I was given a second chance at life; a good life. In God's goodness He allowed me to feel temporary grief and sorrow I never thought possible, to feel eternal happiness and peace and joy and relief I never knew existed.

So here is to 2014, a new year that looks unbelievably bright and full of promise. Another year of learning, and growing, and becoming. No doubt there will be hard times! There were will be new wounds and new challenges. Things I won't expect will happen. But hope and magic and goodness will find it's way to me, even if it is infrequently and perhaps not enough. But if there is one thing I know... I know that if I live worthily and with faith, if God remains my constant, as completely as my Savior remains my constant, I will no doubt feel what I need to feel, experience what I am meant to, and endure the refiner's fire in a way that is pleasing and acceptable to God. I have been blessed with a new year, a year that has more opportunities and blessings waiting for me, and it is absolutely impossible for me to feel anything other than immense gratitude for my Father in heaven and for my Savior, for Their protection and safety They so lovingly gave to me this past year.

So hey, bring on the unexpected!
Because who knows?

I've heard that sometimes the unexpected things in life,
are the very best things in life.