10 February 2014

Words matter.



Sticks and stones may break my bones
but words will never hurt me.

FALSE. 

Words matter. I don't care who you are or what language you speak, words matter. Actions may speak louder than words, but to say words will never touch me is to say the way humans verbally interact and communicate is insignificant... and that simply isn't true.

I don't know what scientific correlation there is between spoken words and beating hearts - but I do know that one affects the other. If words make my heart happy, I'll be singing loud praises all day long! If hurtful words are said, that hurt will quickly find its way to my heart.

Words hold power. Martin Luther King once gave a speech entitled "I Have a Dream." Those words changed the course of human history, those words became a living legacy, those words changed the lives of millions.

In 1830 a man who went by the name of Joseph Smith translated something called the Book of Mormon. The words written in that book changed the earth, and my life just so happens to still be in motion because of them. The words in that book literally direct and guide my life; and I will forever cherish them as the most beautiful words I know.

What you say to others holds more weight than you realize.

I love you? Words that change people forever. 
Let me serve you? Words that change lives forever.
Here is my beloved Son, hear Him? Words that change hearts forever.

Words matter,
so let them be beautiful, 
let them be kind, 
let them be gentle,
 and sprinkle them in love.
Lots and lots of love.