11 April 2014

Men are... that they might have joy. -2nd Nephi 2:25


There are moments in life happiness simply seems out of reach. There are times happiness seems much too foreign... far too unfamiliar. There have been days I simply haven't been able to remember what being happy feels like.

As of late, I have experienced days where sadness feels equally unfamiliar. Happiness has felt like home, it has felt comfortable, it has felt right. There is peace, and there is steadiness... there is hope. 

We have all heard that happiness is in the journey, not in the destination... and how true I have found that to be. Circumstances in life will continually change, and with those changes in life come changes with feelings, and emotions. Things happen in life that may alter our perspectives for a time, but then in moments of clarity we can see things for what they are. 

"...Life is like an old time rail journey…delays…sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.” -President Gordon B. Hinckley

I, for one, feel unbelievably grateful for the ride that The Lord has given me. There have been a lot of detours along the way. There has been a lot of traffic... a lot of construction. But in all sincerity, looking back, I can say my destination has been equally as beautiful as my journey. There have been beautiful landscapes along the way. Some of the scenery has been breathtaking, some has been ugly, but then there are moments like today. Today I look back at this road I have taken, and as I type, I type with tears of gratitude and love.

I love my Father in heaven, and I love His Son, my Redeemer. I am forever grateful to Them for the plan They have prepared for me. The road They have paved for me thus-far has been rocky, and often times uncomfortable. I have gotten carsick, many times, along the way. But those moments have led me to the most heart-stirring, awe-inspiring vistas of my life. What God has prepared for me is beautiful. My past, my present, and my future. It is perfectly designed for me. And as I look back I can hardly breathe.

It is all so perfect.

So absolutely perfect.