29 May 2014

“Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” -Sarah Williams


Tonight, I spent a good, long time lying outside on the grass and looking up at the stars. I don't think I've ever experienced something so absolutely perfect. The cool breeze, the crystal clear sky, the quiet surroundings...

As I intently looked at the sky my heart was overcome with peace... the sweet peace that comes when the spirit is present, when you're living worthily of it, and the peace that comes when you know without a doubt your Heavenly Father is near. 

My heart was filled to it's brim. Tears of gratitude and awe fell from my eyes, and I was absolutely overwhelmed with love in this perfect, solitary moment.

My best friend leaned over and asked why I was crying. I looked at him and smiled. The only words that I could come up with were, "I was given a second chance."

I know with every part of me, that Heavenly Father and the Savior will make everything right in the end. We will be compensated for every injustice, every heartbreak and every affliction, if endured righteously, and patiently.

Life - mortality - it's unexpected. That's what we signed up for in the pre-mortal life. We don't have control over a whole lot on earth... but we know Who does. And I have learned to trust Him, and His plan, and His omniscience that I am too inadequate to comprehend. I know His plan is perfect, whatever His plan may be. I know His will for me is correct and it is sure, and I know that He will never, ever let me fall - without picking me right back up.

How grateful I am for my Heavenly Father's Son and His atoning sacrifice. Because of my Savior and Redeemer I was given a second chance,

we each are given a second chance...

over, 
and over, 
and over again.