27 May 2014

“While I knew that true beauty came from the inside, I had missed the fact that God doesn’t make mistakes. He makes us who we are – forming us in our mother’s wombs... & what we see as our imperfections He sees as His beautiful creation.” - Heather Hart

Yesterday a sweet woman came into my work. She was looking for a particular book that told the story of a recently married woman, who's husband told her shortly after getting married he was not physically attracted to her. This woman had a daughter who went through the same thing, and there are not a whole lot of stories out there that make me angrier than those. 

After I imprinted a pair of scriptures she bought, I slipped this note inside of them:


With all of my heart, I believe those words of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland are true. With all of my heart I believe that as women we are inherently beautiful, it is simply a part of us, it is simply because we are women of God. With all of my heart I know that physical beauty will hold absolutely zero eternal value, and we all discover that far too late. It is my constant hope and prayer that all women, (including myself) begin to see ourselves through and only through the eyes of our Heavenly Father and Savior.

"God loves you just as you are. As people who have been created by God, we are infinitely precious to Him because we are His creation. Regardless of our outward appearance, we are all made with that spiritual potential to relate directly to Him, spirit to Spirit... Your outward appearance does not change God’s acceptance of you, and it certainly does not change the way He feels about you.” 
― Corallie Buchanan

With all of my heart, I know that is true.