05 July 2014

Two years ago today.


Maybe it's strange and silly to make such a big deal about making it through a divorce. I know now more than ever just how common divorce is - but for me it wasn't. Honestly, two years ago today, I never thought I would make it. My heart hurt in a way I didn't know was possible. And now, today, I look back with nothing but gratitude and pure joy

I owe everything to my Father in heaven and His Son, 
Who quite literally carried me through the past two years of my life. 

My heart that once felt empty is full
My self-esteem that once went missing is back
My faith in love that once was lost has been found
The peace that once wavered has been restored.
And the bitterness that once gnawed at my heart 
has slowly and beautifully morphed it's way into untouchable forgiveness. 

Living another day is nothing but a spectacular blessing, 
and I cherish each day more because of what I went through. 
I - in my own right - am my own hero.

Thank you to everyone for the love and support you have given me. 
I wouldn't be where I am right now without you.