28 December 2014

My testimony


I sit here tonight reflecting on what I learned today at church. 
I think about the birth we celebrated this past week at Christmas-time. 
I think of my perfect Father in heaven. 
I think of His pure Son, who demonstrated so clearly and perfectly what charity is.
I think of the series of events that have taken place in my life.
I think of the changes that I have made.

I think back to Kenna as a little girl.
I know what she dreamed of and hoped for.

I think back to Kenna in her early teenage years.
Struggling to figure out who she was and where she fit in.

I think back to Kenna graduating high school.
Starting a million things and having no idea which way to go.

I think of Kenna at all stages of life, 
and then I think of where I am now.

The one common factor in my life throughout all stages,
was that my Father in heaven and Savior were always beside me.

Through the ups and downs and in-betweens,
I had Two Best Friends.

Those Best Friends always helped me back up.
They gave me hope when I had none.
They were my light when I had nowhere to go.

And one day, when I die,
and I leave this mortal life,
one common factor of my life
will always remain the same.

Them.

I know that the gospel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I don't know a whole lot of things in life, but I know that. I know that I am loved. I know that I am truly cherished, truly cared for, and truly wanted. I know that I am worth it. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I am reassured of that each and every time I open that book. I know that the men who lead this church are indeed called by God. I know that they want our happiness. I know that they try their very best. And I know that their counsel is inspired. I know the purpose of life. I know why I was created. I know where I came from and where I am and where I'm trying to go. I know that there is so much more beyond this life. I know that eternity is as real as the snow that falls. I know that the Holy Ghost is my Friend, my Comforter, and my Hope. I know that if I remain worthy, the Holy Ghost will guide me and accompany me throughout my mortal journey. I know that I have an Eternal Father in heaven who is at the head of my life. He is my Master and my Friend. I know He wants only my happiness and success. I know I have a Savior, who gives me a chance to get it right each and every day. I know He is on my side. I know that the principles and doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are true, and accurate, and complete. I know that all will be well if we heed God's word and live with our eyes single to His Glory. I am grateful for these things. The gratitude I feel encompasses my life every day.

I know these things to be true, with all of my heart and my mind and my soul.

In the name of Jesus Christ, 
amen.