26 December 2014

Saying Goodbye To What Life Once Was


It is a very rare occasion if I ever think about my divorce, and never do I actually think about my life before the divorce. The past few years of my life, this blog has been such an incredible outlet for me. It is how I coped, and it is how I learned. It is how I progressed, and it is how I shared my testimony. This blog has been a great blessing in my life, and because of it I have made friends that I know I will keep forever.

However this blog, much like my life now, has nothing to do with divorce.

To be honest, I constantly forget I got divorced. People will still stop and ask me, "are you the divorced girl with the blog?..." and I actually have to remember that, oh hey, that's me! My divorce is such a foreign part of my life now. I hardly remember anything about my life at that time. I truly feel like I was never married, and it's such a beautiful thing to feel that way!

I have been SO blessed the past few years. I have had wonderful experiences that I will cherish for a lifetime. And yes, I'll always keep a copy of the newspaper I was in, because that's something I'll always be proud of. However me - and my life - has simply just moved on.

I will always blog. 
I have a love for sharing the gospel through social-media. 
But now I'm just Kenna. 
Not, Kenna from I Left My Heart In New Zealand. 
Not Kenna the divorced blogger.
Just Kenna.
Kenna with the incredibly perfect fiancé.
Kenna with the brightest future ahead of me.
Just me. 
Just me and my life now.

I got a new Instagram a while back, and while I was at it I changed the name of my blog. My divorce doesn't define me... who I became through my divorce is what defines me. I am so grateful for what I went through, and I always will be. It has only led to extraordinary things in my life, and for that I am eternally indebted to my Father in heaven and Savior.

It is now December of 2014. Another year is ending and another year is just beginning. And with that in mind, I felt like it was an appropriate time to write this post. 

Here is to my new and beautiful life.