23 May 2017

"If we’re not serving Jesus, if He’s not in our thoughts and hearts, then the things of the world will draw us, instead, to them." -Neal A. Maxwell

It's no secret that Neal A. Maxwell is my hero in more ways than one. The way he speaks penetrates my soul in a way that nothing and nobody else quite can. I came across a talk of his today, and although I'm sure I've heard it before I found things in his words that I needed to hear, which is so often how scriptures, conference, institute, and gospel-centered talks seem to work. There is a new message each time you listen to it. 


I so needed a reminder this morning to focus on eternity and value that which has eternal value. Spend time on things that will last forever, and forget the temporal and superficial issues that seem to weigh us down so heavily.